A Hundred Little Flames


A Hundred Little Flames

A Hundred Little Flames is a fascinating story on family and friendship in India.The story revolves around relationship between Ayan and his grandfather. Some circumstances lead to both of them living together with Velu. My personal experience in the growth of the character of Ayan after his stay in Poongavanam is really moving, Having read the book twice now, I am really amazed the detail the author goes into describing the surroundings, you can almost imagine it. It shows the sad reality of many old people who are left to stay in old-age homes after their own children remove them from their lives even after the sacrifices and love their parents gave them unconditionally. For me this story is very moving, I actually didn’t read the last chapter for weeks because the penultimate chapter brought so many emotions to me. I never thought I would be so connected by what happens in the end. This is a must read, Preeti Mam again nails every aspect of the themes covered here. There are a few things I didn’t like but would like to share them when hopefully I read the book again maybe I don’t have those problems again.
  P.S It was amazing to have a signed copy of a book for first time and that too of one of my favorite authors in India ( other is Amish Tripathi)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of Sharing (Study Material)